It is important to get the septic tank cleaned before the sludge level
gets high enough so that any of the solid material at the bottom, or the semi-solid scum at the top can flow out into the
drainage field. This will quickly clog the drainage pipes and the soil into which they drain. If this happens the only cure
would be to dig up and replace the entire drainage field.
Make certain there is live bacteria in your system at all times. The
bacteria’s job is to digest all organic waste mailer in the system. If there is no bacteria in your system it will simply
act as a holding tank for your waste. It becomes full, and natural digestion will not occur. That is when the system backs
Bacteria are killed off or overrun because of:
· excessive quantities of detergents, laundry waste, bleach, household chemicals,
and caustic drain openers.
· garbage disposal grinds which substantially increase the accumulation of
· disposal of items not biodegradable in the system (plastics etc.).
· disposal of excessive amounts of grease and fats, which are biodegradable
but need particular types of bacteria to digest them.
· disposal of cigarette butts, sanitary napkins which are also biodegradable
but are not readily decomposable.
· too many people using a smaller/inadequate or failing system.
On a monthly basis you should add enzymes and bacteria to your system.
That's what our product SEP-TEKŪ is. A
blend of highly potent enzymes and bacteria that act with the bacteria in your system to implement that rate of fermentation,
thus keeping your system “working” and free-flowing.